Lice Removal Services
Lice Aunties kills the nits (the eggs) and lice (the critters) using the LouseBuster device combined with best practice manual combing. Treatment time varies depending on how many family members are affected, but figure on 30 minutes with the LouseBuster device and up to a 60-minute comb out per person with a lice outbreak. We always check first and we do not treat if there is no evidence of a head lice infestation. For children under the age of four, we do all of the work manually. We are happy to advise you about your home, answer any questions that you have, and are available by phone for ongoing free lice advice.
We guarantee our work.
- A full head check to identify evidence of a head lice infestation. If we treat you, we waive this charge.
- LouseBuster treatment with up to an hour comb out. We believe this is the most effective lice treatment currently available.
- For children under the age of four and for individuals who cannot tolerate warmer air, we do all of the nit and lice removal manually, both combing and nitpicking. Count on us needing to work on your child for between one and two hours. If there is a very significant infestation, it can take longer.
$100/hour prorated in fifteen minute increments
- No minimum, but we do charge for house calls. Please ask us about pricing when you call, but plan on at least $50 within Rte. 128.
Before we see you:
- Please make sure to have your hair shampooed and dried if you have used a product like Nix or Rid, or even olive oil, which can leave an oily residue.
- Please have some kind of entertainment that doesn’t require a lot of moving around. We provide free wifi in our treatment center.
- If we come to you, we need an electrical outlet, and preferably a clean, carpet free space to work in. Kitchens work well.
Lice Aunties also provides on-site checks at schools and camps, and lice removal services for camps in the Northeast. Our charges for services at remote locations are higher. Please call us for more information.